[Ed. If you know anyone who is a computer geek, please send them the URL to this post.]
I have a ton of classic and not-so-classic computers and accessories to find new homes for. Since I don’t have the time or money to ship any of this, you need to be willing to pick up in the Seattle, WA area. Most of this stuff at least powered up the last time I was able to get to it, although there are likely some TLC issues on most or all of them that need to be attended to such as missing RAM or hard drives. One of the C-64s doesn’t power up and a couple of the color NCD terminals don’t have monitors or have monitors that are futzing, but all of the base units works.
Some of this stuff I’m willing to let go for free, some of it I’d like to see at least $5 for. And there are a couple of items (the Auspex, the Sun Ultra 1 and disk pack, the Apple IIgs, the Cisco router) I would like to get a bit more than that from. Especially the Auspex, the SPARCbook, and the Cisco router.
Please e-mail me with what you’re interested in, how much you’d be willing to pay, and what your schedule is like. I don’t usually have any time during business hours to try to meet people places, unless it’s at my home in Monroe on one of the days I’m working from home. Evenings and weekends are best bet if you’re not willing to drive to Monroe. If I have to drive a load of equipment somewhere, I’m probably going to want to charge enough for it to make it worth my while.
On with the list!
- x1 Northstar S-100 CP/M chassis, expansion cards, floppies
- x1 Apple IIe system + accessories
- x1 Apple III system + accessories
- x1 Apple IIgs system + accessories
- x1 Mac 256
- x1 PowerMac 7×00 system + accessories
- x1 Commodore printer
- x2 Commodore 64s + boxes of accessories
- x5 Commodore 1541 floppy drives
- x3 Sun 3/60 pizzaboxes
- x2 Sun 3/80 pizzaboxes
- x2 Sun SPARCstation 2 pizzaboxes
- x1 Sun UltraSPARC 1 Creator 3D
- x1 Sun 6-disk external 68-pin SCSI disk pack, 6 18GB SCA drives
- x1 Tadpole SPARCbook 3GX + accessories + Solaris 7 & Tadpole extensions
- x11 Wyse 30 dumb terminals
- x1 B&W 19″ NCD X terminal
- x6 color NCD X terminals
Routers, Network, Telco
- x1 Cisco 2516 router (48VDC telco power supply)
- x1 19″ 1u serial/parallel print server
- x2 Fujitsu DSL modems
- x1 DirecTV DSL modem
- x1 Auspex NS 5500 (7′ tall, 770 lbs!)
This was a high-end server running a special form of SunOS 4.1 using Functional Multiprocessing (FMP). Auspex tells me it is the only one in private hands that hasn’t been traded in or scrapped. True classic computing lovers only need apply. YOU MUST PICK UP THIS ITEM. I *cannot* transport it. Bring a big truck or van and suitable moving/tie-down equipment and padding.
- x1 ZIP SCSI external drive
- x1 HP parallel external CD burner
- Assorted A/V switchboxes
- Assorted TDMA cellphones + accessories