The past couple of weeks have been full of ups and downs. More ups than downs, overall.
- Getting a draft done and turned in at work. Although it was late, the customer seemed really happy with it, so I’m hoping it will go through review cycles easily.
- Getting our 2004 tax return back. This meant we could take care of a couple of pressing errands.
- The Allison Krauss + Union Station Live DVD. It’s a couple of years old, but it’s full of good music. Allison’s voice continues to be lovely as ever; I don’t think there’s a bad song on the disc. Plus, Allison seems to have one heck of a sense of humor.
- Spicy Cashew Chicken at the Cheesecake Factory.
- Mike is back from Iraq!!
- This last weekend, I got my DSL upgraded from 768Kbps down/128Kbps up to 3Mbps down/768Kbps up, for the same price as my old plan. No hardware swap required — it just started working better Friday. Yay, bandwidth! It’s been very useful when I’ve been working from home.
- I’ve been pop-free since the Monday before Ash Wednesday. I’m avoiding the carbonation, not the caffeine, and ditching the calories has helped me lose weight.
- Migraines. Haven’t been having them as much lately, but today was pretty miserable. The morning was awful and the afternoon, while better thanks to Steph’s efforts to distract me, still stunk. I’m only now starting to feel like the headache is finally going away.
- $550 in repairs for the car. Several things that needed fixing got fixed, and we should be in good shape for the next year, but still — ouch.
- Time management is still a huge effort with small wins.
- Being pop-free. Good for health, but I’m getting desperate for tasty drinks.
- Not keeping up with my exercise plan for Lent.