Wow. What a difference my little experiment yesterday is already making.
I’ve got my Qtek 9100 set to pull up Google as the home page. Previously, it could take 30-60 seconds to establish the initial connection, then resolve DNS and pull up the content. Now, it takes 3-5 seconds. Holy smoke! So I wanted to throw a harder test at it; last weekend, when I was out and about with the family, we ended up down near Boeing Surplus, so I pulled up their web page on my Qtek so we could swing by and look for goodies. It took about 2 minutes to pull their page up. This morning, it took 30 seconds. Definitely slower than it would be on a desktop, but again it is remarkably faster now.
And Direct Push is a dream — email hits my device and Outlook at just about the same time. This is some good stuff — nicely done, Microsoft!