Not fond of Mondays in theory or in practice. Even with all the things that have gone right today, I’m still pretty cheesed off about today:
- Getting up at 5:20 so I could be on the road before rush hour and into the office early: good.
- Having to shift back into the office: enh. We’ll call this a draw.
- Forgetting the box with my laptops, thus necessitating a second round-trip: bad.
- Having to deal with my schedule and a new dentist to take care of the tooth (top front left) I broke on Friday: bad.
- Having a co-worker make repeated references to my broken tooth, laughing and saying it makes me look like a hick: very bad.
You know, dude, the first time you laugh at how my broken tooth makes me look like a redneck, then apologize because it was insensitive, I’ll give it to you for free. When you go on to say it again and keep laughing…
…why was I moving back into the office again? Oh, yeah, to increase my productivity and help re-integrate me into the team. Newsflash: I feel so integrated right now.
Just for reference, the previous sentence was sarcasm and not to be read literally.