One of my friends on LiveJournal posted a meme. Now, I’m normally not the kind to participate in various memes, but I like this one: go here and pick out five random quotes that somehow resonate with you (keep going until you find the right five), then post them. Here are mine:
- If you want to catch something, running after it isn’t always the best way.
Lois McMaster Bujold, “Borders of Infinity”, 1989
- Avoid the crowd. Do your own thinking independently. Be the chess player, not the chess piece.
- Forgiveness does not always lead to a healed relationship. Some people are not capable of love, and it might be wise to let them go along with your anger. Wish them well, and let them go their way.
Real Live Preacher, RealLivePreacher.com Weblog, July 7, 2003
- Women and men have to fight together to change society – and both will benefit… Partnership, not dependence, is the real romance in marriage.
- Never tell evil of a man, if you do not know it for certainty, and if you know it for a certainty, then ask yourself, ‘Why should I tell it?’
Johann K. Lavater
Your turn! I’m pondering whether I should tag anyone specifically; it only seems appropriate to do so as an appropriate evolution off of LJ. If I were to tag anyone, I’d tag Stephanie, Paul, and someone who claims to be not so clever (but lies).